Postdoctoral Research Associate
The position is for two openings.
Posting Close Date:
This position has been posted as Open until Filled. The screening of applicants will begin immediately and remain on-going until a finalist is identified.
Summary of Duties:
Postdoctoral Research Associates work independently as well as in a team environment on ongoing federal and state funded projects that deal with open- and in-field weather data driven model/tools development for site-specific weather forecasting and crop management decision support. Duties included but not limited to sensing site-specific weather, crop physiology through field deployment of distributed hardware, field data collection including ground-truthing at spatial and temporal scale for multiple sites, develop/modify site/station specific 1) 10-day weather forecasting and 2) crop stressors management models; assist team in preparing reports and peer-reviewed publications. AgWeatherNet is recruiting for two Postdoctoral Research Associate positions.
AgWeatherNet (opens in new window)
- PhD in Meteorology, Agricultural Engineering or a related field with experience in agrometeorology, crop/weather sensing, modeling the interaction between soil, weather, and crops, and forecasting.
- Demonstrated experience & proficiency in python, R, cloud computing, and big-data analytics.
- Demonstrated experience or interest in development of agricultural decision support tools.
- Demonstrated experience with experimental design, field data collection and data analysis skills.
- Demonstrated experience of individual initiative in research and pertinent publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Must have, or be able to obtain at the time of hire, a valid unrestricted driver’s license.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- References Contact Information
- Copies of two most relevant publications
Prosser Irrigated Agriculture Research and Extension Center
City, State: Prosser, WA and/or Pullman, WA
$4,166.66 – $4,583.33
This is a temporary position. Renewal is dependent on the need for extension and/or if additional funding is secured to extend employment. FTE: 100%
WSU offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid sick and vacation leave; paid holidays; medical, dental, life and disability insurance package for employees and dependents; retirement; deferred compensation and optional supplemental retirement accounts.
For a more detailed summary of benefits offered by WSU for Faculty visit WSU’s Human Resource Services Benefit Details page (opens in new window) or click here to download the 2023 Benefit Overview for Faculty and Administrative Professional Positions (opens in new window). Follow this link to learn about the total compensation information for WSU Faculty and Staff (opens in new window).
How to Apply
To apply, please visit the WSU Jobs website (opens in new window) and search for position R-8371.